Caroline Nokes MP has welcomed news that crime has fallen by more than a quarter (27 per cent) under this Government – its lowest level on record – according to latest figure from the independent Office for National Statistics.
The Government has been following an action plan to tackle crime by:
- Freeing the police to fight crime by cutting red tape and scrapping unnecessary targets
- Giving criminals tougher sentences so communities are protected and justice is done
- Giving the police the powers they need to tackle criminals, using the latest tools and techniques
- Stopping people from becoming criminals by tackling the root causes of crime
- Making the police answer to the community to help drive down crime in your area
Commenting, Caroline said:
‘We have been following an action plan to tackle crime and make Britain a safer place to live, work and raise a family.
‘This plan is working. The independent Crime Survey of England and Wales shows that crime continues to fall under this Government, reaching a record low. In Hampshire crime recorded by the police has fallen by 19%.
‘We need to stick to the plan that is working – so people across the country can enjoy a better, brighter future.’